As with any software, things might go wrong at a given moment.
In these cases Yadis! Backup tries to write the failure event information to a special log file.
You can send this file to us by email so we can investigate the issue and create a fix for it.
Here is how to find and send the log file:
1) Open Yadis! Backup by double-clicking the icon in the System tray.
2) Click "Settings" in the upper right corner.
3) Select the entry "General Settings".
4) In the new screen select the node "General > Logging" in the left side menu.
Now you will see the location of the log file in the middle of the screen.
5) Copy the content of the "log file" text box.
On Windows7 and Vista it should be something like
and on Windows XP it should be something like
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Codessentials\Yadis\errors\errlog.log
6) Open your email client, choose to attach a file and in the browse-file dialog paste the file name which you copied in step 5.
7) If possible, provide us with this information:
- describe how and when the error occured
- tell us if this is the first time
- what is the version of your operating system? (Win7/Vista/XP 32bit or 64bit)
The "Send to Codessentials" button on the Logging settings screen does not work for the moment due to technical reasons.
We are working on a solution.